Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 21 August 2023

Monday, 21.8.23.

 After a trip to Pear Mill café today, where I left earlier than usual as there didn't seem much air in there and the fans weren't  doing much good.

I came home and sat in my garage which I use as a hide to take the bird photos on the feeders.


Another from an earlier brood.


The parents are a bit selective with the sunflower heart seeds and spit some out but the pigeons don't mind.


 A baby Goldfinch.
Then I thought what am I doing sat here when the log rolls I bought earlier in the year have not been put in.

These old ones were rotten

So I'd bought this tool earlier to break the old ones out


But it was too broad to dig out the old stumps below ground, but this next tool, a mini pickaxe was just the job.

And there you have it! new ones in and screwed to the metal supports at the back that were still in there.
 All the old pebbles back in place, if you have the right tools it makes the job a whole lot easier doesn't it.
Got a smaller roll over therr on the right, but will use it for a pen for Alfie.

These bushes were in the way really, but I'm loath to trim them back as they are full of berries and the blackbirds love them in the autumn.

That's a new peanut feeder I got from Amazon, birds aren't too sure of it yet.

But this new one is getting plenty of attention 

I think Alfie will make short work out of that grass when I let him out in the garden, I will have to watch him very closely though as this was him when I went back indoors to see how he was.
I'd put in some washing and that was all done, so only had to hang that up.
Had a nice surprise yesterday when a website I put photos on now and then put a picture on and I thought who's copying my pictures!, then realised it was mine and used as the banner picture, I'd forgot I'd sent it for that.

Then again today on Facebook there was a memory of mine from 2019 with one of my pictures of a baby Wren as the banner for Reddish Vale website.

It's not National Geographer I know, but it's still nice to get these so you know you are progressing and doing something right!.
So what started out as a cloudy day had a silver lining after all!.
.........................................................................

This is very apt today!.

Why do seagulls fly over the sea?,
because if they flew over the bay, they would be bagels!.
.............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment