Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 13 August 2023

Showery weekend, 11-13 .8.23

Friday

 Down the Vale on Friday it was all herons, think perhaps they have had a nest there and bred a few chicks.











No wonder they have this sign there.

There was this Cormorant on the top mill pond too.

A juvenile robin,  just getting it's red breast.

Race to see who could get the most monkey nuts.


Terrapins on lower mill pond.

The young swans aren't babies any more.


Young blue tit.

Is this my better side?.



Little Grebes had no luck with their nest building again.


The mandarin ducks all look the same at the moment, now the breeding season is over the males lose all their bright colours and the only way you can tell the males from females is the beaks on the males are still orange, there again you have to get close to see that!. 

Saturday 

Saturday stayed in and watched the woman's football, they were lucky to win this time I thought, there again I'm no expert!. 

Sunday.

Sunday went to Ashton Moss nature reserve, the owner had said on their Facebook site that they had a Little egret on the lake the day before and also Kingfishers!.

But when I  arrived today it was a heavy downpour and all I got was wet though and these pictures though the rain.



Then it was off to the Bridge View Café at Portland Basin for lunch, today the roast chicken club sandwich was Turkey instead , but still very tasty and plenty of it!.

Back home the young goldfinches are doing well and eating on their own now.


So it's been a bit of a washout this weekend, hope its been better for my friends on their coach trip down south this weekend.

.......................................

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?,

I don't know and I don't care! 

....................

Psychiatrist, to patient. "How long have you believed in reincarnation"

Patient. "Ever since I was a puppy".

....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment