Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 7 August 2023

Past weekend, 5-6 .8.23.

Saturday

 This weekend me and the gang went to Portland Basin and the Café there The bridge view café, as its's getting a bit too busy at Pear Mill on a Saturday!, it's their success that does that I suppose!.

Having said that it was just as busy at Portland, but plenty of staff and very efficient, they coped well and we had our individual orders off the menu and extra coffees as well. 


The week day menu.  




Soon emptied and we had our usual game of cards!.



Even have a book shelf to get a book for a donation! 


Whilst the others left for home I had stroll outside with the small camera.


Sunday.
It was off to The Snipe retail park and Home Bargains for more bird seed, got a large 12 kg bag of Sunflower hearts for my Goldfinches and babies, they will only eat that so don't want them to go elsewhere.
At home, a baby goldfinch, the bad weather not stopping it eating.

Then of course it was over to the O'Neilds butty wagon for a bacon butty and a coffee!. then across to Ashton Moss nature reserve.
As you can see the weather is still changeable 


The Muscovy duck.

You can see it's a bit wet underfoot.

The rat catcher, John one of the owners had a good picture on Facebook with him with a rat in his beak 

The bird table mentioned in an post still there.


So to sum up, it's been a good weekend.
...........................................

.........................

..........................

I remember we had a hen called Henrietta at home when I was a kid and when it died we had it for Sunday dinner, but I refused to have any!, what a plonker.
..........................................
..................................
Its the way I tell em.
.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment