Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 3 May 2023

May Day, 1.5.23.

 Didn't go out on May Day, it's not much of a holiday when your retired as all days are a holidays now, took a long time to get used to it at first, after 40 odd years working with only the annual holidays to look forward too.

On Tuesday I went to Reddish Vale park and it was nice and quiet!, with only the usual regulars there for a chat.

Think spring has arrived at last!.


Mr & Mrs Mandarin duck.

Plenty of the Squirrels about.

There were Coots and their babies on Sunnyside pond.




 On the lower mill pond there were plenty of terrapins sunning themselves 

Female swan on the nest, whilst her mate was busy trying to see off last years kids.

On the top mill pond this large terrapin was trying to get to the Canadian gooses eggs, but she's not moving. 



Today Wednesday I went to the Lower resser at Debdale park,

 and there were these cute little Canadian goose chicks.




Super cute hey!.


These geese aren't daft, as soon as they see me with my bag of goodies they come running and some of them even eat out of my hand. 

A nice coot, though they are quite nasty and with those big feet can run on the water at quite a speed. 


The Great Crested Grebe sat not her nest and when she moved off to stretch her legs perhaps, her mate soon chased her back.

That's him on another fishing trip, he'll soon be fishing for her and four to six kids as well.

Got talking to a chap with a drone, and as is usually the case he was very enthusiastic about his hobby and I told him I'd met a chap called Steve there before who had tried to get me interested in them. Told him my Son has a pilots licence as well and fly's one at work  to inspect the roofs of his work place.

This picture isn't very good, I'd questioned him about the colour as I'd only seen drones in grey!, and he said there are things called skins that you can buy to make them more noticeable.

Had the controller in the same colour too, think I'd have to have one coloured too, as my eyes at distance are very good, but still struggle to see it when its far out, suppose its like everything have to get used to it.

Will I get one?, very tempted when you see the pictures you can get with them!.

So it was a good Bank holiday for me and there's another one next week, the only down side is that Pear Mill will be closed Saturday, Sunday and Monday!.

Had a trip to The Windmill today for lunch and very nice too as usual, the only thing that put me off was the big flag they had hung up, couldn't get it out of my mind has it was upside down!.

I had to say something on the way out, the young lady at the bar said I  didn't put it up, be a good idea to tell the person who did then said I.

...............................................

Everyone is someone else's weirdo.

I used to be a schizophrenic, but we're all right now!.

Madness takes it's toll. please have exact change ready!.

No comments:

Post a Comment