Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 17 May 2023

Tuesday,16.5.23.


 Not a bad day on Tuesday 16th, so it was off to Reddish Vale again to see if there was anything of interest. First thing you notice on entering the car park is the extra painting on the info centre.

Another lovely job.



This colourful bush was at the entrance to the community garden. 

The baby Coots on Sunnyside pond are doing alright and parents looking after them well.







Mandarins.

This Squirrel lost half its tail a few weeks ago, but it doesn't seem to be any worse off for it now, just not quite so bushy now.



The viaduct from the other side, mostly photographed from the other side. 



Not sure what this one is, think it might be a Turtle Dove, have posted it on the park website so someone will hopefully tell me if I'm wrong and come up with the right name. 


Very colourful what ever it is.

Heron on the lower mill pond



On the island on the top mill pond.


Also this quite large Terror-Pin.

This cute little Mallards on top mill pond too.

Today, Wednesday I had a walk onto Debdale lower reservoir to see how the Great Crested Grebes were doing.

First thing I saw was the boat club was open and very busy, which wasn't too bad until a guy in the rescue boat started giving the kids fast rides round the lake with no thought for any nesting birds.

This works group were on a litter picking session, on the way into the park no doubt, very public spirited. 

They missed this bike in parts though, perhaps wouldn't fit into a black bag hey.

Large crow waiting for some monkey nuts.

The baby gosling are doing well.




The lady Great Crested Grebe still sat on her nest, but being well looked after by her mate.


He's been feeding her

And here he is bringing her more nesting material.

Then it was off to Sainsburys for an all day breakfast and a bit of shopping, had to bring one and a half sausage back home for the neighbourhood cats that have started to come round to my front garden, which I don't mind but the back garden is out of bounds to them because of the birds there.
Made a few of these Hot shoe covers for cameras today in case any of my photographer friends want one, I saw them on Amazon a few weeks ago at between £3 and £5 so thought I've plenty of plasticard scraps from my model boat building days so I'm sure I could make these.

If you want one stop me and ask, they are free!.
.................................................

A Frogs perspective on life, times fun when you're having flies!.
  

Lots of people are lousy at counting calories and have the figures to prove it.

Seconds count- especially when your dieting. 
.........................................................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment