Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 11 May 2023

Coronation Day, 6.5.23.

 On Coronation day my two friends went on a trip to Fleetwood, but I was glued to the telly watching all the pomp and ceremony!, it was a lot different than the last time I watched it on a 9inch screen telly in a neighbours house!.

Loved all the parades and it took ones mind off the bad news on the telly over the past few years!.

After a couple of hours I decided I'd had enough, my son was working but watched the highlights in the evening and probably did better doing that cutting out all the boring bits.

Then it was off to Sainsburys for an all day breakfast which was very nice, all for £5.25.

Couldn't eat it all and brought home one of the sausages for my local cats that I seen to have accumulated with giving them Pepe's left over nibbles, they enjoyed the sausage better though!. 

Sunday it was off to Oldham for for one of my favourite meals Chicken casserole done in a slow cooker!.

On Bank Holiday Monday had a stroll over to the McDonalds at Debdale as it was a light shower AGAIN!, always seems to rain on bank holidays doesn't it!.

Then it was on to the ressers to see if there was anything of interest.

The Great Crested Grebe was still on her nest with no sign of babies yet.


There were these Goslings, still all five of them.


To give you some idea of the size of them against a pigeon.


There was this heron in the bushes too,

On Wednesday set off in lovely sunshine for Reddish Vale Park but on the way there a heavy shower again, but by the time I got there it had eased off to a slight drizzle, so it was out with the camera and on with my big 
 camo jacket and on to the lower Mill pond.


This mandarin duck hasn't been washing that's rain on it's back. 

The big Male swan was still trying to see off last years juniors.

But they don't seem to be getting the message.

Mum was still sat on her nest watching him tearing up and down the pond, probably thinking what an idiot!, should be feeding me!.

A few baby coots about. 

On the top mill pond there were Goslings, these were slightly bigger than the ones at Denton.


So cute.

Terror-Pins on the lookout for eggs.

On the back of the top mill pond there seemed to be an abandoned nest with  huge eggs in it, bet that brought a tear to her eyes.

Got to have a robin haven't we.

Plenty of these cheeky ones, follow me round with my bag of food.


A nice moorhen, not as aggressive as the coots. 

The info centre which I shown in my last post as all white undercoat has been started to be painted with nature pictures again and as I got there they were taking down the tape to open!, and has I'd met some old lady friends we retired in to the café for drinks, I tried to pay but they weren't having any of it!, and bought me one!.

I showed one of the ladies my hearing aid app on my phone and she said she was going to check out one for her aids too!!.


A new display in there too, bet my son thinks these are the best ones!, has he has live ones at the bottom of his garden and is slowly losing parts of his garden to them.

Then it was off to Morrisons for their renown fish and Chips.

Today it was off to Pear Mill Café that's been closed for the Coronation and Bank Holiday, and has my two dog walker friends were on another coach trip, I had the company of two other friends I'd not see for a while, as he had had a bad chest infection, I think I'd cheered him up with a pressie I'd had for him for a while I'd bought in a charity shop for a couple of quid.

He's a big fan of Pugs as he walks one of his daughters, two most days and a Cockerpoo of the other daughter as well, usually keeps him fit, but last illness seems to have really floored him, hopefully he is on the mend now.


My friend Jean who has also had new hearing aids last week was telling me she had Rice Crisps for breakfast the other day and heard the "Snap Crackle and Pop" for the first time in years, can't be bad hey!, I can now hear the birds singing in the trees too.

.................................................

After twenty years they are still in love.

She loves the gardener and he loves the lady next door.

The United States has developed a new weapon that destroys people but leaves buildings standing.

Its called the Stock Market!.

Bills travel though the post at twice the speed of Cheques or so it seems!.

.............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment