Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 13 April 2022

Old Codgers Day out, 13.4.22.

 Today it was off  early to Oldham with Pepe to the Dog Groomers, he's not too bothered going has he's been going there for 9 years now though there has been a change of groomer last year.

On the way dropped off some Jigsaws at the charity shop they came from, and picked up a couple more as we were running out at home.

This one for £2.


The bargain of the day was this one, with 4 X 1,000 puzzles!, couldn't believe my luck! at £2.

Dropped Pepe off at the groomers and went to the Village Manor Bakery just up the road, in the Café had a nice bacon muffin and a coffee.
Now that's a bacon muffin David, with plenty of scraps on the side for Pepe as he would have been upset smelling bacon on me and having not saved him some.

 Went though the archway into the bakery and got an apple pie and a sausage roll to take out.
Then a call from the Groomer, Pepe was ready after a wash and trim and nails cut all for £20!.


After popping home for a drink for us both (as Pepe won't drink anywhere but home?) then it was off to the ressers at Debdale for a walk round.
Plenty of activity on the lake.

A family were feeding the ducks and swans with Bread! of all things, but didn't want to know it was bad for them.
The elder Male only wanted to know who they belonged too, as they ate them where they came from, where's that said I, Albania said he, I said most Swans where owned by the Queen, "how does she know how many she owns?" I said "They are all tagged" so she will know if any go missing!!, Hopefully that will stop him going back tonight!!.

Not many other birds about what with the crowds and the kayakers.
Pair for Mallards relaxing in the sun.

The Holiday Inn from the water side.

Had Sweet & Sour Chicken and Rice for tea,

 And a third of the apple pie with Ice cream for afters!.
look at all the filling in that Bob.

So not a bad day out, doesn't take much at my age these days!.

..............................................................




...............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment