Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 11 April 2022

Debdale Park over the weekend, 9-10.4.22.

 Not a bad weekend with plenty of sun, though quite breezy out in the open.

So we went to the Debdale Nature Centre and look what has popped out since our last visit!.



We met our friend Steve ( The Drone man) there with his French bulldog "Albert" nice friendly dog.


In the park it was quite colourful with these bushes all in flower.


You can just see the children's play area on the left there, have to stay clear of that place with a camera, don't want any scenes with angry mothers!.

These youngsters didn't mind me snapping them though.

Blackbird looking for grubs.

On the lower Reservoir it was windsurfing lessons though a bit too windy today, blew my hat off, luckily into the bushes and not the water.

The Great Crested Grebes were out and about but didn't seem too bothered about nest building.

You can almost caption this one as,
"If she moves off the nest grab it".




At the top end of the reservoir, found another Crested Grebe nest with a pair fishing near it.
The Great and Little Grebes seem to like their nests semi submerged, or perhaps it's them climbing in and out makes it wet!?. 

One of the top pair.

Noticed over the years that the Coots always seem to decorate their nests with some colour.

Plenty of gulls about, just trying out my camera of them in flight.

The male swan in attack mode, seeing off one of the juveniles that appeared this week.

Its no good getting out of the water I'll still get you.
There's a mallard doing an ostrich act there with it's head in a crack. 

On the way back to the car saw this pair on the path, not seen one of those single wheel things before, should imagine you will have to have good balance to ride one of those, think I'll stick to my Brompton bike, when the weather warms up that is!. 

Next time you go to the park with the kids print this off and let them see what they can spot!.

.....................................................




.....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment