Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 30 September 2020

Last day of September. 30.9.2020.

 Yesterday after lunch at KFC with a friend, we sat in our own cars with a space between us and I sat in my drivers seat and he in his passenger seat.

Its the new way these days isn't it, there again if we had gone to a pub we could have sat inside as long as we were out by 10-00pm!.  

On the way home as it was such a nice day decided to take Pepe for a walk round Debdale park and reservoirs. It was quite quiet for a change and went we got on the reservoir there was a heron sat there only about 10 ft away!.

Very regal birds aren't they.



The swans were taking an afternoon nap as well, no territorial squabbles here as I think they are all juveniles, next spring will be a different story. 

A nice colourful pigeon, I know some of you might think I've spelt colourful wrong but that's the way we spell it in the UK. 



One of the Great Crested Grebes on the water.



A few planes going across, this one must be at 25.000ft, must be chucking out a few more pollutants out than my car!, no wonder the air is fresher at the moment with most of them grounded. 


The trees are getting their autumn colours now and its a nice time of year to get out with the camera.

The Hyde road widening system is coming on now with the grey brick facing coming along nicely.


Must be getting near the time for them to join the new to the old, what a nightmare that will be as they don't work at weekends and that would seem the time to do it when there isn't as much traffic, but that's being too logical isn't it!.
 

The Goldfinches and sparrows are all doing well in my garden, but others seem to have disappeared, perhaps migrated. 



This is a Dunnock in my garden I think, as you can see its beak is a lot slimmer that a house sparrow.


                                                       Today it was a trip to Pepe's groomer, he doesn't seem to be bothered about it as he's been going for eight years there, but he's always looking out of the window to see if I'm there to pick him up, it's a dog thing isn't it, can you think of anything as loyal!.

                                                               ...............................................

......................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment