Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 9 September 2020

September 9th.

Sister in OZ reminded me I've not posted for a few days so here we go again.
Not much happened really so that's the reason and my excuse!.
Today Pepe and I have been round Debdale Park and the Gorton reservoirs not many birds about, Suppose its because I'm too late to capture the early risers but in my retirement don't see the point of getting up early after years of shift work, so the birds will have to wait for their breakfast.
Picture of the Upper Gorton Reservoir, can you see the golfers on the golf course in the distance?.

Here they are with my large zoom camera.

This is the Lower Gorton reservoir looking towards the Upper reservoir so it gives you an idea of the area covered so near to my home.

Think this is a young Tufted Duck, as the adults males are are black and white whereas the females are like these but more defined.


Just the one Jay I've seen in the park must remember to take some peanuts next time, they attract them. 

The usual Maggies were there again.

The update on the Hyde road widening system.
It was down to one lane again today with the usual chaos, could be done better at weekends, there again this company don't work at weekends!.

No wonder its going to take 12 months!.

Since my last post I've motorised my Land Rover Defender, it was a case of stripping it down and using the motors from the 4x4 off Roader, only trouble was the instructions were in the form of a video on YouTube!, so it was a case of backwards and forwards to realise what was required what a pain.

My latest  project is to strip down this Rough Terrain Crane, which is quite a job as its locked together so good!.



Then I have got an e-mail from a guy who has designed a Tractor with 8 working implements to make from the parts of the crane, the plans were £9.30 but still cheaper than buying another kit hey!.
The instructions for this are in the form of drawings for each stage of the build and the parts to add on are printed in PINK!, so it looks a lot easier to build Hopefully, we shall see.

Our visit to the Pear Mill Cafe this week was made better with this picture of one of the peregrines round the back. 

.............................................................................................
I'm not an organ donor,
But I once gave an old piano to the Salvation Army!.

Doctor Doctor, I feel like a pack of cards.
I'll deal with you later!.
.......................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment