Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 15 June 2019

This past week, 10-15.6.2019.

Pepe had a lame front leg this past week but the vet said he had sprained it and gave him some tablets which seem to have done the trick and he's now back to normal and walking alright again.
Down Reddish Vale Country Park today was a bit overcast and damp but forgot all that when I noticed the Great Crested Grebes had finally produced their babies!.

Can just see two babies heads here but there were three that I saw.
A lady later said she had counted four but wasn't sure, no doubt we will see over the next couple of days. 

 

The babies ride on the parents backs and don't seem to bother which one, though Dad is usually away fishing as it takes a lot of fish to feed all the babies and themselves!.

Don't know what a Great Crested grebe looks like did I hear you say, here is one I took earlier!.

Here you can see father being a bit over zealous with the size of the babies dinner

They were behind the bushes but you can see the size of the fish against the size of this babies head.

So not a bad day really, and then a walk up to the tearooms for lunch for which the rain held off

Other babies in the park still doing well.

Goslings.

Younger Goslings

Cute at this age hey.

Baby Mallards


More baby Mallards

Swans eggs, you could make a fair size omelette with one of these hey.
Mum just off to stretch  her legs and get something to eat.
Can't be long hatching now seems to have been ages, she must be thinking that too!.

That's it for another wet week, but what more can you expect in Manchester, "The Rainy City"  
...............................................................................................

Never judge a book by its movie.

Policeman to motorist:
Have you seen the state of your rear lights?,
Driver:
Sod the lights whats happened to my caravan?.

Two cannibals are having dinner, "Your wife makes a great roast" says one.
"I know said the other, but I'm going to miss her".
.......................................................................




No comments:

Post a Comment