Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 17 June 2019

Sunday 16.6.2019.

Great day yesterday at Reddish Vale Country Park.
Saw the Great Crested Grebes with the babies on her back and Dad providing well with fish for the youngsters, a bit smaller than the day before in the prior post.

Where are we going Mum?.

Another sightseer!.

Is this a better size Mother?.

Who's a lucky babe then!

Perhaps a minnow would be better next time.

Proof there are 5 babies when mum stretched and flapped her wings and all the babies fell off.

Afterwards went round to the smaller lake where I was told the Kingfishers were very active, and met a couple of fellow photographers, well one the other was hiding in the undergrowth!.
Put the phone away Malcolm!.

After the two lads left I had the viewing to myself.
The information I'd got was quite right and I'm not sure how many there was as they don't have name tabs on!.
On the island in the middle of the small lake.

This looks like a chubby baby to me ?, 

This shrub on the island in the middle of the lake seemed to be a favourite perch for them all.





Then off to dinner with the family to finish off a good day, only downside had to leave Pepe at home but had some chicken in a doggie bag to bring home for his dinner so all was forgiven (I think).

His leg, I posted about last time is now better and called in to the Vets today to settle the bill which wasn't as big as I thought! which was a pleasant surprise!.

I've tried to overcome his leg problems in the future by building him a set of steps which are a bit better than the footstool he had before.
A  bit unsure at first but a bit of chicken at the top soon overcame his fear.


I know I have to tidy up the sides yet.


King of all he surveys!.


Used this spray on adhesive to stick the carpet on the steps and it turned out to be very good.


That's all for now folks 
................................................................

What's the difference between a businessman and a warm dog,
The businessman wears a suit and the dog just Pants!

Its the way I tell em!.
............................................................ 

No comments:

Post a Comment