Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 7 June 2019

Thursday ,6.6.2019,

First thing Thursday was a trip to Lydl supermarket to get one of the Thursday bargains a Rucksack seat which I'd seen at different outlets at anything from £20 to £45, Lydl's price £9.99!

Quite sturdy and not too heavy, remembering you have to put stuff in it!.

Then it was off to Reddish vale for a bit of twitching, that's bird watching if you didn't know!,.
Who did we met there my Friends Bob and Joyce so we had a nice walk round in the sun and Joyce had her treat of walking a dog, not any old dog but her favourite Pepe!.

We didn't spot much as we were too busy talking, then after they left Pepe and I went up to the Tearooms and had lunch.

Pepe likes it there, more the sausages I should say.
But a nice sit in the sun and as I've said before, the benefits of being deaf is you can turn your hearing aids off, the kids do get a bit noisy or is it me getting older?.

Then back to the lakes  and came upon this nice Jay which I don't think he was expecting as they are usually a bit on the shy side.

Not facing you as you crept up on me, I didn't mind as you usually only get their side view and not this of their different colours from the back.

Next was this juvenile Crow who was hopping along the path , didn't seem to be able to fly but its parents were calling it so left it to them, it was probably tired and after a while be be able to join them.

The young Goslings are doing well, there are 3 in this brood, one was a bit of a straggler.


A couple of unwelcome ones here, but its live and let live isn't it?.

This is a whopper isn't it.

Busy Bee!.

On returning home there on my Niger feeder were the Goldfinches, first ones I've had in 50 years here and still coming back this last couple of weeks 

Then couldn't believe my eyes there was a couple of youngsters.
As you can see they don't have the red faces as youngsters.

No red face but still have the bright yellow wing patches.

Gives a whole new meaning to Mother and Child hey.

Not too bad since I snapped them though the living room window, if nothing else made me go out later and wash the windows!!.

So another first "Baby Goldfinches".
..............................................................................................................
For those of you who stopped by here looking for model boats

Click here

That's it folks for another day!
................................................................
Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, an honest Lawyer and a drunk are in a bar and spot a hundred pounds on the floor.
Who get's it,
The drunk, the other three are mythological creatures.
 ......................................................
What can a goose do, a duck can't and a lawyer should?.
Stick his bill up his rear!.
.............................................................
Why do you never see the headline , "Psychic wins lottery"?.
...........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment