Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Wednesday, 6.5.2015

Wednesday, 6.5.2015 

Though the weather forecast said it was going to be heavy rain today, it didn't start off too bad so it was off to the lake early before the streets were aired!.
We managed to get in a round of the lakes and Pepe seems to have outgrown his fear of walking towards the weir where he was attacked by an off the lead Jack Russell when he was two years old, it's taken a few years to get round to it as he was six last week, still it's better now hopefully as he get's more exercise and I have both hands free again to use the camera!.

The Coot at our boat club site is still patiently sat on her nest, no sign of any eggs yet!.


Synchronized feeding by two young Swans 

Any grub mate?.

Unusual tree root system.


Mum keeping babies dry


Baby checking if the rain has stopped enough to play out 

Dad working hard foraging for food.


Back at the Cafe, cheeky Robin about a foot from my foot!

Even he is looking a bit bedraggled. on the chair on the other side of my table!, didn't need a big zoom for this shot!.

Then the heavens opened and it was time to head for home.

Good job there's a chin strap on my Tilley hats, could have blown off today with the high gusty winds, Pepe wrapped up nice and warm in his new waterproof raincoat. My coat was all of a fiver from the charity shop in Hyde, still had the shop tags on it.
..............................................................
On the home front.

New fish and plants in the aquarium

Another Acer in the garden "Orange Dreams!, the green one!

Another cactus, (Flowering)

Bargain of the week, new pot from the charity shop, £1.49!, nice new plant as well from the Garden Centre at Uppermill, nice grub in there as well!.
 .......................................

Well it's time for a run round with Mr Electrolux I suppose, what a bind hey!.
.......................................................................................

............................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment