Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 26 September 2013

Great Tuesday Out 2013.

On Tuesday I was on my way to the lake with Pepe when my mobile phone rang, as I was also mobile at the time it took sometime to pull over to answer it. 
Was surprised to see the caller was my good friend Bob the Builder, and not my lady friend Marjorie who is on holiday in France, also surprised as Bob usually emails me, still to continue, on answering Bob said, It was his and wifey Joyce's wedding anniversary the day before and they were going to our popular watering hole the Hare and Hounds at Werneth Low do you want to come?, not one to pass up a cooked meal I said Yessss!, have you got Pepe with you? though he said , yes but he will be alright in the car.
So it was back on the road to the lake for an hour to see the lads and give Pepe a walk before going to the H&H Pub to meet B & J.


A beautiful sunny day and at the pub it was decided to eat out with Pepe at the table but we had seen a sign on a previous visit saying dogs were welcome, so Bob went and asked, "Yes" they said but only in the bar area, which was good enough for us, so we all went in and found a nice table near the door and sat Pepe down at the table. What a great attraction as most people coming in stopped for a stroke of him and he lapped it up!.

The happy couple +one!, 52 years married, don't get many married that long these days, it was also Joyce's birthday the day before that as well, but you don't ask ladies how old they are do you!, must have been a child bride hey.
Barman obliged by taking the picture with us all together.
 Pepe enjoyed the tit-bits on offer and then lay down snuggled up in the chair, I think he would have liked me to bring the chair home as well as it was the type that he could curl round in.
After a lovely meal and dessert we all decided to go back to Etherow as the day was still nice and sunny, you can't miss out on the sunny days at this time of the year can you.
After a walk round the lake and a chat with some of the lads it was quarter to five before I knew it and time for home, what a great day that turned out to be, hope Bob and Joyce thought so too.
.....................................................................
After being married for forty years to the worst cook in the world, a man arrived home to find her in a flood of tears.
"What's the matter darling?" he asked.
"Its a disaster" she wailed. "The cat's eaten your dinner.
"Don't worry" he said comforting her.
"I'll get you a new cat!.
................................................
That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment