Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 10 September 2013

A week back off holiday.

Well its been a week since I came back off holiday and all the washing and ironing is back to normal thank goodness.
Tuesday was a run to Buxton and then on to Hartington where Marjorie and I saw these cute little ducks on the pond in the middle of the village.



A bit late in the year, I would have thought but there again even the ducks must be confused with our weather at the moment!.
With my funny sense of humour, I could only visualize in the old days, witches being dunked in the pond!, but there you go it wouldn't be any fun if we were all the same would it!.

Friday it was a bit wet so I took Marjorie to Ashton town centre where she said she hadn't been for years!, so it was a pleasant surprise to see the shopping precinct, the refurbished outdoor market and the newly refurbished indoor market, which is even better after the fire, so at least something good came out of it!.
She was in womanly heaven with all the shops and the prices which are very competitive with every trader trying to keep up with each other.
Then it was off to the Hartshead pub nr Mossley for a nice lunch, the service and the staff there are great and its well worth the trip if you want a nice meal out.

Back at Ashton town square saw this guy doing his artist thing.

Notice on the second picture someone in the shop had placed a yellow shopping bag in the window
"A dog is for life
Not just for Christmas".
Very apt!.
He's probably at Tameside General afterwards with a hernia after carrying all that damp sand!.
.............................
Sunday saw me at the Lake to see the Commodores Challenge which this year was a straight running competition, No steering with your Transmitter only forward and stop!.


Then it was off to Son John's for Sunday dinner and met the new puppy Max again, here is a video I took on the day.


Definitely settling in hey!.
Youngest G/daughter Ruthie just passed her level 5 piano course, that's certainly not from the Teal side of the family, I think I'm not only deaf, but tone deaf as well!.
................................................
Yesterday was another trip to the Hare and Hounds with pal Bob and his good lady Joyce, who meets all her female relatives there once a month, Bob and I decided to join the fun in another room, where our talk was more about modelling and boats rather than the latest fashions!.

Well that's another good week gone by.
......................................................................................

A woman was standing naked in front of the mirror, "Look at me" she said sadly to her husband, "I'm old and fat, cheer me up by paying me a compliment".
The husband said "Your eyesight is still good!.
 ...............
A man was excitedly telling his friend about his new hearing aid, "Its the best on the market" he enthused, "It wasn't cheap but believe me it was worth every penny"
"What kind is it", asked the friend.
Half past three!.

Sounds familiar!.
...........................
That's all folk's

No comments:

Post a Comment