Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 24 September 2013

A bit more gardening

Well the plants I bought last week from the garden centre at Uppermill have finally been put in and look a lot better than the ones I took out, here they are.

Winter Pansies which my mate Bob thinks are boring but what else is there that's colourful this time of the year, I'm not a gardener really, I was only allowed to do the heavy lifting and carrying and Velda did the planting and choice of plants, my only choice was that Red Acer in the top picture!.

 Whilst at Uppermill a couple of weeks ago with friend Marjorie, walking in the main street which has a lot of pubs on it, was this notice outside one of them, thought it would put a smile on your face, or perhaps you might want to book your hubby in for the day! 

.......................................
I am perhaps known at the Model Boat club as the man with the Hat and Dog, always has a camera but very rarely a boat, but this Sunday just passed, I went mad and took two of my boats to the lake for a sail.
It must have been a surprise for some of the newer members to see me sailing for the first time, but I enjoyed sailing my Micro Magic and my Fiesta, both small yacht's. Now I've started back I will perhaps take my bigger one next, what a plonker you must be thinking!, the summer is nearly over and he's started sailing again. 

You will have seen the family of Greylag geese I've been following through the Summer, well all is well with them as you can see though the baby has been in the wars when two big black and white ducks set about him/her and tried to drown him/her, so here they are 
And as you can see they now have a second minder!, another white one.

Like the film "Last man standing" this is the last Greylag standing this Summer.

As the weather was so good this Sunday the park was full and the cafe was also full with no tables vacant, I was surprised to be invited to a number of tables from friends of Etherow rather than Club members, though I suspect it was Pepe they wanted to sit with them rather than me!.
He is a little charmer though isn't he, can't say the same about me hey!.

Went to the doctor's yesterday for my Flu jab, didn't hurt a bit, where theres no sense theres no feeling they say hey!.
.....................................................................................................

An elderly man went to his doctor and said "Doctor I think I'm going senile, several times lately, I've forgotten to zip up"
"That's not senility" replied the doctor, "senility is when you forget to zip down"
..............................................
Senior Personal Ads
Winning smile
Active Grandmother with original teeth seeking a dedicated flosser to share rare steaks, corn on the cob, Rolo's, etc.

Serenity Now
Into solitude, long walks and meditation, if you are the silent type, lets get together, take our hearing aids out and enjoy quiet times.

Mint condition
Male, 1932, high mileage, good condition, some hair, many new parts including hip, knee, cornea, valves. Isn't in running condition, but walks well.
..........................................................
That's all folks!.

No comments:

Post a Comment