Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 4 November 2012

Model up-date

Over the past few days as well as going out and about, I've been doing a little bit more on the wheelhouse mast!.
The last post showed the main structure of the mast and I thought that was about it, not a bit of it, there are 40 fiddly bits to make up and fit together after that stage  

Here are all the parts of the mast I've made up.

The instructions were all very clear as usual on this kit, oops hope I haven't I spoken too soon!.

See back of top picture.
This radar part in two halves as you would expect is vac formed and I don't know about anyone else but I find it hard to stick together two parts that are so thin, so I came up with a cunning plan as Baldrick would say, cleaned up the top half and then stuck it to a thin piece of scrap plasticard, cleaned that up and then stuck the bottom half to the scrap piece, Job done and quite a lot easier than usual.
Just have to paint the parts and assemble the lot together now.

One of Eddie Stobart's latest Ventures with Cumbria Police.
Edited by my good friend Bob!
Good advice with the weather getting colder.

That's all for now folks, off to the Club boat judging at the lake this morning, will probabell-ly see stuff that puts mine to shame!, will get some pictures for you of the entrants.

No comments:

Post a Comment