Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 16 November 2012

Out, about and modelling

Wednesday evening it was the boat judging at the club for the best builds over the past year.
I was not Abell to enter my "Narra boat" as I was a judge this year after winning best build last year!
Then I realised that John was entering two of his boats so it was agreed by all the other judges that I should step down to be fair to everyone.

Yesterday had a run to Etherow Park and met friends Bob and Joyce as I was coming away and they invited me to join them in their walk so it was a nice change to chat with them round the lake instead of in their living room, and the dogs seemed to enjoy the company of each other!.
Then as we were all getting ready to leave, another surprise, an invite to Abell Towers for dinner to-day!, what good friends they are.

On the modelling front since the last post I've made a start on the Cod End gantry, all will be revealed if you don't know what one of those are.
 Legs made of 5mm square section 

Two sets of legs joined in the middle

Checking for square

 Then realised that after making up cage built over the plan in the instruction book that it was all nice and square,! its on a sloping deck!! and was sat at an angle, so I had what Mate Bob would call a Eureka moment and got out my laser  
This checks out the water line and also the vertical.

So after packing up to the red line was abell to find the amount to come off one side 

And there it is nice and square.

Then I had another Eureka moment, laser was too high on the shelf I'd attached it to!. 

Then thought would my camera tripod fit it?

And Eureka! it did.
So it all worked out a treat, so I'm going to put a few more bits and pieces on the structure to make it more sturdy looking and then its on to something else.
Bye for now folks. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the precision build of the first pix
    Nice to see!

    Bob

    ReplyDelete