Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Ashton Shopping

Yesterday it was the day for shopping at Ashton and going to the bank as our local branch is now the same as all things seem to be going "An Asian Restaurant". Still having said that they do seem to refurbish the sites and make them nice to look at instead of boarded and shuttered up, looking like down town Beirut.
Ah !! for the days when you could go for a walk window shopping in the evening and not being able to spend a lot of money because they were shut!
I went to a little model railway shop down an alley way and found quite a few items for my boat 

A nice stove,fancy clock, cake on a plate (no bread ! let them eat cake!) , nice butterfly picture,material for the bedding I will be making and lastly a tin bath which will have to be modernised.
Ah!! the old tin bath in front of the fire, I remember it well , Father first, then Mother,the kids, and lastly the baby , that's where the saying comes from I believe "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water"
...............................................................................................
When he was in bed he was terrified that there might be someone under it, then when he got underneath it he was terrified that someone might be on top of him. 
The psychiatrist told him he had a bed phobia and was treating him at £100 a visit.
After a year of treatment and the loss of a small fortune he told the psychiatrist he wasn't coming back again .
"I had a talk with the barman and he solved my problem for a couple of quid " he said , he sawed the legs off the bed!




No comments:

Post a Comment