Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 25 April 2011

Easter Sunday

Yesterday it was off to RJRs (number one son's) for Sunday dinner, and very nice too as always.
After dinner it was a ride to Greenfield to a new Pub the Kingfisher, just to park there and then walk round the back to where there is a new marina which was built at about the same time. So I could snap some boats!
There is a canal walk from the marina to Uppermill , this would be good if you wanted to go into Uppermill as the parking there when there is any activities is bad, ie "Yanks day" when everyone dresses up in wartime gear from when the film "Yanks" was filmed there a few years back. Brass band competitions held there too. 
"Bob the snapper" has taken some good pictures there in the past, perhaps after reading this he will send me some so I can add them to this blog!  

 Pub and Marina
 Back of the pub
Swing Bridge entrance to marina

Pub does a two for one offer as well, can't be bad. 
Pepe loved the walk with Ruth the youngest of the grandchildren too.

These are the pictures that Bob took on the "Yanks Day" at Uppermill on a previous event





Good day out!


1 comment: