Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 8 July 2024

First week in July, 2024.

 It's been a good week this first week of July, mind you that's only if you voted Labour!.😡

The weather has been a case of sunshine and showers.

Thursday saw us at the Bridge View Café again and there was a good crowd there with a 50th wedding anniversary

and the dementia singers came again to see and sing to the a compliment of my mate and neighbour Christopher.


 

Friday it was a quick visit to Reddish Vale Country Park between the showers.

Chaffinch.


Juvenile Canadian geese. 

Enjoying a bit of quiet on the top mill pond.

These big terrapins sunning themselves on the top mill pond.

The smaller ones on the lower mill pond.

Looking like the everglades with all the algae. 

Saturday it was a bit quieter at The Bridge View Café and only Jean and myself there on the day as the other Peter was still away on his coach trip, we still had a nice chat and wondering what the Labour party has in store for us.

On Sunday I finally got round to planting my Buddleia plant out in the front garden, with a Geranium in each corner to fill the space up, but eventually the buddleia should cover the whole patch.  


Whilst getting petrol at Sainsbury's the last time I noticed they had Buddleia's all the way round the petrol station, so my small patch should be well covered!. 

There were some geraniums left over so filled this pot, nt sure what colours as the label said mixed.

The is already a tub with annual plants in so that's the garden sorted for the next few years
  

Then off to Morrison's for lunch a hot chicken breast sandwich, very nice with a jug of gravy.


Today Monday it was nice, sunny and warm so it was off to Reddish Vale again in my summer coat and it was very pleasant there with only a few people about. 

A cormorant doing its toiletries. 

Plenty of these Mandarin babies about, not surprising when they can have 14 babies in a brood.

On the lower mill pond there was this grey wagtail 

Even got this shot of it eating a dragonfly

Whilst I was concentrating on the Wagtail didn't notice that the Beaky pigeon and his mates were helping themselves in my goodies bag.

The heron was there but no Kingfisher today.

More Canadian geese babies.

Nice coloured duck out on the hunt.

Can always tell when the weathers fine, the terrapins are out sunning themselves.

A mini fish and chips today at Morrison's not too many in there today, thank goodness. 

Last but not least this is one of my Great grandson's, very interested in the Amazon Fire 8 his mum is setting up for him that I sent him, won't be long before I'm asking him to help me with any tech problems.

Should keep him interested whilst his mum and dad get on with their decorating. 

.......................................................


                             What's a dog's favourite Pizza?.

Pupperoni!.

What do you call a dog magician.

A Labracadabrador

What do you get from a forgetful cow?,

Milk of Amnesia!.

..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment