Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 18 July 2024

Wednesday down Reddish Vale park, 17th .7.2024.

 Wednesday it was off down the Vale as it was a beautiful sunny day.

First thing I saw were these volunteers from the British Gas board doing their bit for the community!.  

Hi HO, Hi HO, it's off to work we go!.

First time I've had birds on my knee for years!.

It's only cupboard love I'm sure.

This juvenile Mandarin duck was eating out of my hand and shooing off the pigeons, they are quite aggressive when they get older, but can still hold their own at this age.   

Cormorant drying out it's wings after it's dinnertime diving.

Look at the feet on this Moorhen.

This is a really big Terrapin, on the top mill pond,  this picture doesn't show the scale really. 

These smaller ones are on the lower mill pond, still a lot bigger than my Alfie.

A juvenile Great Tit enjoying the seeds. 

The male swan on the top mill pond getting it's plumage mucky with the algae.

The crow were enjoying sharing my bourbon biscuits, who doesn't like bourbon biscuits?.



This one showing the pigeons how to get into monkey nuts

This heron high up in the trees, perhaps there's a bit of breeze up there. 

Plenty of Coots about without fighting, now the breeding season is over.

Moorhen on the calm water.

Looking just as good upside down!.

So it was a good day for me, followed by a Chicken sandwich and a drink at Morrison's.

Today, Thursday at the Bridge View café it was a good day as well with a sizeable crowd joining in with my friend and neighbour Christopher singing.

Anyone wanting to book him ask for a flyer!.

He even had a couple join him who were quite good singers as well and the crowd were singing along too. What more could you want good food and a singer thrown in!. 

....................................................

What's the similarity between traffic jams and laxatives?.

They both irritate the crap out of you!.  


What did one fly say to another?,

Is this stool taken?. 

......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment