Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 12 May 2022

Bitz & Bobz, 12.5.22.

 Yesterday, (Wednesday) as it was showery we went to The Snipe for a bacon buttie, then across to Home Bargains for some bird food as the birds are all stocking up and feeding their youngsters.

Whilst in the store I noticed some LED bulbs, which I'd been lead to believe were quite dear, these seemed cheap enough so bought some!.

As you can see they give a 60w light but only use 8.5 watts. 


 Two in the pack.

Before, in the hall.

Afterwards, and I'd always thought they weren't as bright, but these are blindingly bright.

So that's the hall and landing done, must look round to see anything else can but changed.
The kitchen light that son John fitted to my new kitchen ceiling gives out 16 watts instead of the 40 Watt fluorescent tube it replaced!.
So I'm getting there with my savings.

Because I'd bought a camera bag for my new camera from Amazon I now get lots of adverts for Camera stuff.
One advert was for a Hot shoe cover,


Looking at the camera I thought, if I've made model boats for many years surely I could make one of these?.
So it was out with the offcuts bag for some scraps of plasticard, plastic weld and the modelling knife and came up with this.

The hot shoe.

My plastic cover fitted.

Easy to slip in and out 

So it wasn't the price so much as the knowing I'd made it myself!.
Didn't bother painting it as using it would only scrape the paint off, plus it stands out to everyone its home made hey!.

In Debdale park yesterday took a few pictures.
This huge bush fuchsia ( taller that Me) in full flower already. 

A lot of skinny Robins about, not babies as they don't have a red breast, so perhaps last years youngsters.



Plenty of cheeky squirrels about.

This lovely plant I found out is called "A bleeding Heart", a lot of new plants going into the Nature Centre at the moment, call in and see them, the café there is open Fridays ,Saturdays and Sundays by the way.

Whilst there Vicky the boss gave me a copy of the newsletter and said "I've used one of your pictures on it", 
That's my 15 mins of fame perhaps hey!.


This is the original, a bit better than the Photocopy.

At Pear Mill today, father peregrine was on the lookout for dinner. 


Can hardly keep my eyes open, all this providing for a new family.



I'd taken this picture on Monday of the mother on the eggs, but told on the website she was feeding chicks today!!.

So a good couple of days, it's a change after all the bad news on the TV.
..................................................................

.....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment