Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 20 May 2022

This week, 16-20 .5. 22

 This week hasn't been too bad really, weather sunny and showery, though it hasn't kept us in.

The resident swans at  Debdale have a single cygnet, usually have 4-6 but suppose some have been eaten by predators, hopefully this last one will survive.   


The parents are trying to keep this last one safe in the bushes.


Some of the Coots have got babies too,  this one has three.

Get down in the rocks to find the best grubs junior.

Great Crested Grebe still sat on her nest



Turning the eggs.

And here's Dad bringing her something for the nest, bet he thinks that will get him some brownie points!.

Gone fishing for two now!.

At the Debdale Nature Centre

Long Tailed Tit.

Nuthatch in classic pose.

We went to The Snipe for a bacon buttie on Tuesday and I must have impressed the young girl on the counter with my chat because look at the buttie we got!.

Still plenty for Pepe as well.
 With a Coffee it was only £3.50, was so nice even went back for another coffee.
The posh people go to Costa Coffee opposite, think you will pay a lot more there!

Whilst at The Snipe we got another couple of LED bulbs from Home Bargains, last 15 years, I should be so lucky at my age!.

Wall lights in the living room.


Will have to look at the bathroom next!.

Whilst at home here are some of my new baby Sparrows, 


 No sign of any baby Goldfinches yet, but the adults are getting stuck in to the new fat balls I've been getting from Home Bargains, they look a lot better than the 50 in a tub type. 
If the prices of our food go any higher might be trying them myself soon, only kidding!!.




The bottom area of the garden is looking alright at the moment, but haven't got round to replacing the log rolls at the top end yet, got the new ones and a new digging tool, just got to find the inclination to do the job now.

My mate has started to send me pictures of his cooked meals, since he's recently became a widower (AJ1) and as I'm an old hand at it now (AV11) I've sent him this, my breakfast this morning!.
Plus two rounds of toast!.


As I've just moved up to Windows 11, I bought this book (from good old Amazon) to help with the transition and its been very good, should  stand me in good stead!, my son is still coming round to give my efforts a bit of a tweak though.

Not seen any sign of Baby Peregrines at Pear Mill yet, though someone put a picture of babies on their site the other day, the nest shelf is about 80 feet up so the babies will have to be bigger to see them from the ground.
There is a camera above the nest that you can view on their website though, will have to find that!. 
...............................................
Why do seagulls fly over the sea, 
because if they flew over the bay they'd be bagels!.

Is a chicken crossing the road, poultry in motion?.

What's a polygon?.
A dead parrot!.
..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment