Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 19 April 2021

Debdale over the weekend, 17-18.4.21.

The past weekend  it turned out to be nice and sunny, I even had to take my jacket off and put it in my rucksack seat.

Found the seat to be a good buy this weekend, was sat in the Eco Centre in the park and then moved to the orchard. but either way it was nice to just sit there and soak up the sun, the only trouble is with Pepe being a longhaired chihuahua he tends it get hot in the sun!.

The Great Crested Grebes were doing their mating dance.


That's enough of that get me a nice meal!.

Two's company, Three's a crowd.

A first for  me, was this Green Finch, yes I know it's yellow!, but was assured its a Green Finch by the staff at the Eco garden centre, said there were two there.

Think this is a Female Chaffinch.

This is an easy one a Blue Tit

Not seen a Nuthatches tongue before

Usually sen these guys upside down feeding.

All for me Pepe?.



Even some Herring Gulls on the reservoir


Looking east towards the Pennines.

Most bushes and plants seem to be in bud at the moment and the sunshine makes everything seem brighter doesn't it.

Plenty of families enjoying the freedom and sunshine after the long lockdown.

Debdale seems to be better off than a lot of other parks and open spaces but still the volunteers on Sunday got these bags of rubbish ( 24 bags in all) and that's only from the side of the reservoir near  to the Sailing club.  
When you bring your picnic/drinks etc, it must be lighter taking it home when you've eaten and drunk everything!.

Was rather surprised to see this flag at the sea cadets HMS Trafalgar at the side of the park,
At Half Mast for the death Of Prince Phillip, but most military would see that it's upside down which is a Distress signal, also an insult to royalty!
End of gripe!. 

.................................................................

I was doing some decorating, so got out my Step ladder.
I don't get on with my real Ladder!.

Why is the third hand on a watch called the second hand?.

Why is lemon juice mostly artificial ingredients but dish washing liquid contains real lemons?.

............................................................



No comments:

Post a Comment