Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 16 November 2020

Third week of second lock down, 16.11.20.

 Well its week 3 of the 4 week lock down and Pepe and I have kept ourselves to ourselves as much as possible, at our tender age one can't be too careful can one!.

Today only been over to McDonalds for lunch then a walk to the Gorton Lower reservoir, but as you can see it was a bit too cold to stay long, but it did look nice with the autumn colours. 




We were nearly mobbed by the Canadian geese and pigeons, as I suppose there were not many people about to feed them.

Last week we were down to Reddish Vale for a change.
 The Jays didn't let us down.
As soon as I put some peanuts down they appeared from nowhere.

Old blue eyes, no not Sinatra, the Jay. 

That hole at the side of the Jay, is a mouse hole with at least 3 mice  there that I saw.



One of my friends had put down some monkey nuts which the mice kept coming out and taking to their home, storing for winter no doubt.

Cute little things, but you wouldn't want them in your house would  you, Remember my Father in law used to have one in the house that he fed every morning!.

It was a race with the Squirrels to see who could get the most peanuts.





I found a couple of new feeders that some kind person had put up, and filled them up with Sunflower seeds and Niger Seeds, these Goldfinches seemed to like the Sunflower seeds best, same as in my garden but some still used the Niger feeder!.



Lots of other birds there, ie this Nuthatch.


A Blue Tit and a Coal Tit.


A nice colourful Blue tit.

Sparrow found these apples, and as you have hear, an apple a day keeps the doctor away or so they say, wish I knew who "They " were!.


A nice plump Chaffinch.

A Dunnock or the common name Hedge Sparrow, as you might notice their beak is a lot narrower than the Tree or House sparrow, and they are ground feeders whereas the other sparrows use the feeders!.
That's the best part of belonging to a website, a friend of mine Leslie Peel at Daisy Nook website pointed out the different to me.
Since then noticed they are in my garden and sat on the settee hadn't noticed them on the ground, could have been there for ever hey!.


Last but not least a Robin.

So the second week wasn't too bad for us and managed to stay out of  trouble with the virus!.
Today wasn't too bad but a bit nippy 
................................................................................

When your pet bird sees you reading the newspaper, does he wonder why you're sitting there staring at Carpeting?.


What do you call a woodpecker with no beak?, A head banger!

Which side of the chicken has the most feathers, the outside of course!.

...........................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment