Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 18 November 2020

Second lock down Reflections, 18.11.20.

As we haven't been out much this week thought I would just update you with a few thoughts.

This is a picture of my road today, haven't seen it like this with no cars since we moved into this road 51 years ago, there was only one car in the road then and that was a taxi.
Today its empty because Mr Branston is having all my area dug up and Virgin Cable laid, so everyone moved their cars out last night, that's mine there as the workmen who dug the channel across the road yesterday said they wouldn't be back for three days


We had lunch at KFC yesterday and McDonalds today, weather not very good for walking about, I only do that for pleasure and there's not much pleasure in it at the moment.
I find the Snood I wear instead of a mask is better for me as the masks always hook my hearing aids out and at £2,000 a pair you don't want to lose them.
It's also got another benefit in that you can put in to your jumper and keeps your neck warm and out of the draught.
With hearing aids I think one tends to still lip read, which makes it awkward when everyone has their mouth covered.
I think most people can lip read to an extent, lets face it we've all seen footballers swearing on TV haven't we!.




Me and Pepe are missing our weekly trips to Pear Mill Café and their lovely Sausage butties also the friends we usually meet there.
Every time one goes you get a different set of crockery and condiment sets 
 The last time we went the condiments were these Frogs and Pepe wasn't best pleased!, I can almost hear him thinking, "Never mind the frogs, what about the boiled ham and sausages"

This is my Second Great Grandson, not managed to see him yet but after a few minor problems is now back home and causing a few sleepless nights I'm sure.


With staying in I've managed to finish this "B" model of an earlier kit I'd bought so the time goes by quite quickly and before I know it Pepe is calling upstairs for his dinner!.
When you buy a Lego Technics Kit there is usually a "B" model to make with it too, so it keeps the price down a bit.



............................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment