Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 24 February 2020

The Bridge update, 24.02.2020.

As I mentioned in my last post I'd been looking forward to photographing the bridge being lifted out on Hyde Road, Gorton.
It was advertised as the road closed on the 22nd & 23rd February, first time I've ever know that in all the years I've lived and worked in Manchester, but that's still not happened as the lift was postponed, I was there on Saturday morning nice and early and saw that the diggers had found a large brick structure in the area they were digging out at the side of the Gym.

A big pneumatic drill bit was delivered in a transit pickup and the structure was broken up by a JCB
 
I was told today that the high wind was also the main factor that the big crane was cancelled too.
There hasn't been a new date published yet, so looking forward to that!.
Sunday seemed to be a day off on the project so it seems to be a five day week job!.
Today work continued digging out the very deep hole round the brick structure.

These two diggers seem to be doing well in clearing the ground but the guys in them didn't seem to know when the next closure was to be.

As you can see here the support wall for this end of the bridge is clearly in view, I can't see them taking away much more of this part before the bridge is moved in case it collapses.
So if you are interested keep you eyes here.

Saturday braved the weather and had a visit to Reddish Vale and there was our friends the Jays glad to see our peanuts no doubt.

Looking a bit windswept, or its trying a new style!.




A young cormorant drying out on Sunnyside pool.

Not catching much, but he is only a youngster and there's a lot to learn.

A Blue Tit, the shrubs seem to be budding already. 

Plenty of daffodils about in the park.

One of the many Bug Hotels in the Community Garden.


Bought myself a new bar stool for doing my jigsaws, my back was killing me bending over for any length of time, nice quality and quite cheap from good old Amazon!. 
Should be getting my new hearing aids a week today and it can't come soon enough!!.
....................................................
What should you buy if your hairs falling out?
A good vacuum cleaner.

How come a Pizza can get to your house quicker than an ambulance?.

Why do supermarkets make sick people walk to the back of the store to get their prescriptions, while the healthy ones can buy their cigarettes at the front?.
..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment