Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 12 February 2020

Safe option , 12.2.2020.

Decided on the safe option today and stayed near to home after the hail and sleet of the last few days.
After a bit of housework and washing decided to have lunch at Mcdonald's and then a walk round the park to see if I could see the tree creeper I missed the other day when I didn't have my camera, always the way isn't it!.
The only birds we saw were the male Blackbirds, perhaps it's more like I need to visit Specsavers for another eye test, perhaps after I get my Hearing Aids sorted.
 

The park was a bit of a mistake really as we went round the old golf course and of course at the bottom of the path, it was about 6 inches deep in flood water so had to divert on to the grass but that was water logged as well so ended up with muggy shoes, Pepe got carried of course as I didn't fancy washing him when we got home.
Don't think Storm Ciara was all to blame for this tree, as you can see it was rotten most of the way though so the storm did a bit of good there and blew this one down when most people were safe at home!.

This one seems to have had a very shallow root system, that's Hyde road in the background which is a bit of a nightmare at the moment with the road widening near to Reddish Lane.

This is the state of the widening at the moment with only one lane in each direction, there again that's what it's all in aid of.
This was taken at 1300hrs so you can imagine what it must be like between 1600hrs and 1800 hrs, nightmare coming out of Manchester. 
The widening is from Far lane to Reddish Lane and would you believe its scheduled to take 12 months, mind you when you see the speed some of the men walk I'll  be surprised if its finished then.

They have made a large area for the machinery on what used to be the old coal yard, when the old style coal trucks used to hand load their sacks of coal from the the coal wagons that used the old bridge. Taken photo from McDonalds car park.
You can just make out your hotel behind the orange portacabins Barbara!.

Hopefully will be able to get a photograph of the bridge being lifted out on the Saturday 22-23 February, from this position on the day or night.  
So if you are in the area on that date the main road will be closed!.
...................................................................................
Why is lemon juice mostly artificial ingredient, but dish washing liquid  contains real lemon?.

Why do we buy hot dogs in packs of ten and buns in pack of eight?.

Why do we wait until a pig is dead to cure it?.
...............................................................................................//

No comments:

Post a Comment