Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 23 May 2019

Quick trip to a lake, 23.5.2109.

Due to British Gas only giving me a 6 hour slot, 12-00 to 1800hrs  (is that a service?) I couldn't go far so nipped up to the Snipe Retail Park where behind Notcutts Garden centre there is a small lake where I'd heard the resident swans there had some babies.
Sure enough there they were but feeding in really dirty water near the edge.

So after a while the parents took them further out into the lake to have a bath. 

Do we have to have a bath?, Aah well here we go then.

Great how they learn to have a bath so early in life isn't it.

Let's slip away whilst their busy!.

Huey.

Louie.

Dewey.


Not really their names, the're the names of Donald Duck's nephews aren't they.

All clean again.

Tiring work this bathing lark!.

So back on dry land again, all fluffy and clean.

The Coots didn't seem to have any babies.

The usual predator was in attendance.


Perhaps not noticed by many, but Roland and Mrs TiddleRat was cleaning up the leftovers.

So not a totally wasted day.

Gas man came at 4-15 and was gone at 5-00!, all's well there at least.
.............................................................


.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment