Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 10 May 2019

Daisy Nook Cafe, 10.5.2019.

Pepe and I had a run to Daisy Nook Cafe today and although it looked a bit dull and drizzly, it doesn't matter there, as there is always the regulars to have a chat too and all the dogs to fuss over!.
The weather turned out to be quite mild so sat outside with some friends and got the camera and some seeds out of the car, and as we were chatting managed to spot these nuthatches flying backwards and forwards either feeding their young or he was keeping the Miss'es well fed.

"Nice bug here for you Dear"

"Off on the Hunt again"
Not sure what the gravelly stuff is on the front of the nest box??, looks like the stuff House Martins build their nests with under the eves of houses!.

Just read that House Martins need 1000 beak sized pellets of mud in the construction of their nests, no wonder the typical life span for them is 2 Years!

Had a bit of luck too in the coin collecting as I managed to get a Mrs Tittlemouse for a friend that wanted it to complete her Beatrice Potter series, not sure what my next quest will be.

I have most of the 50p's, £2s and a few of the new 10p Alphabet ones, so its nice to help collect for friends as well.
I've always said that if you had a full collection what would you have to look forward too, there again the Royal Mint don't help collectors with them advertising new coins and the public never seeming them for years, some 2017 coins not seen the light of day yet!, ie 
£2 Jane Austin and most of the aeroplane ones of 2018.
Well enough of the gripes!

A colourful Terrapin from down in Reddish Vale Country Park yesterday, big as a dinner plate.

. Have a nice day tomorrow!. 
..................................................................................
 A husband said to his wife," I was a fool when I married you",
"I know" she said , "But I was in love and didn't notice".

Old lawyers never die, they just lose their appeal!.
.......................................................................................





No comments:

Post a Comment