Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 8 May 2019

Early May Bank Holiday weekend, 2019.

Not a bad weekend as bank holidays go, spent most of it down in Reddish Vale taking photographs and chatting to friends down there.
This is a lady Great Crested Grebe sat on her nest for a few days now.



Put a coconut shell up with suet and seeds in, the birds loved it, didn't last long.

" Clear off its all mine"


"I'm off its getting too crowded "


Some people say they are Vermin, but they are cute with it aren't they!.




At least two eggs in there.

The male is being very good and sitting with her, when he's not defending their territory.


The Herons are on the prowl looking for unattended babies.




After my having Goldfinches in my garden for the first time ever!.
decided to add a niger feeder to the trees in the Community garden at the vale and to my surprise after only putting it up on the Thursday by Saturday there were Six goldies on and around it!. 





Such lovely birds and so colourful!.




Great Tit.


Blue Tit.


Ohh Sh*t.


A couple of Grey Wagtails today.

An unusual visitor a Common Sandpiper, not a good photo but it wasn't stopping hunting for his dinner.


Today, Wednesday the 8th , it was drizzling all morning but wrapped up myself and Pepe, we had a quick walk round the lakes and were rewarded with finding this Couple of Canadian Geese with their six babies,








Mandarin Duck, four on the lake today.




Female and Male Chaffinch.




That's it for another wet day!,
Perhaps better tomorrow, always look on the bright side!.
...................................................................
Did you hear of the cowboy dressed in brown paper/
He was arrested for rustling.

Did you hear about the cannibal who went on a diet?
He only ate midgets!.
.........................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment