Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 4 September 2017

This weekend, first in September 2017.

Its September again!, where has the year gone? will be Christmas before we know it!.
This Sunday Pepe and I were at Reddish Vale again 
The Terror-pins were still on the big lake, until the coots walked all over them and made them move, coots are quite aggressive, didn't think they would gang up on Terror-pins though!.
 

Plenty of Cormorants about but you could miss them, sat there so still if you didn't know where to look. 

This one sat high up on an old tree stump.

I can see you, can't hide from my zoom!. 

A nice little Tufted Duck

Our National Bird beautiful aren't they!. 


As in one of my previous posts here is an adult little Grebe, as I said then the adults have red on their heads and are quite shy


This one hiding in the weeds but managed to get round the other side of the lake to get these pictures.

The write up on the camera manual said that you could get a good picture of the moon and without a tripod I got these


You can see the craters can't you, but must get the tripod out next time!. 


After Reddish Vale this Sunday Pepe and I went to Pico's again in Glossop, has they allow Dogs in there!.
Met friends Jean, Mary and another Peter.
Whilst waiting for my meal I had a wander round checking out the items on the ceiling and walls.


Inside it makes you feel your age as a lot of the items on the walls, you remember, I do anyway!. 

Old standard lamp shades
 

We had one of these in the Best (Front Room).
Even the floor boards are recycled 




Luckily the seating outside is more modern with large parasols with heaters underneath.

We gave them a miss though, maybe next time if we get an Indian summer!.

All in All a very nice day out, nice interesting place and good company!.
Bought a new winter coat next door at the Mountain Warehouse where the prices are mostly halved,  end of Summer sale??.

....................................................................................................
Small cannibal, 'I hate my teacher'.
Mother cannibal, 'Well just eat your chips'

Many women believe that men's ultimate fantasy is to have two woman at once.
This is true, but one woman is cooking and the other is cleaning!.

.........................................................................................................








No comments:

Post a Comment