Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 16 December 2016

More on the Amelia Rose build.

More on the Amelia Rose build.

The bottom skin of the bow, this completes the outside skin of the boat!
As you can see you have to be a bit inventive to get pressure in all the right places. 

Then it was the inside edges of the bow

Slight sanding needed as with all the parts

More clamping on these parts and you might notice that I've made a hatch for a gas locker, that small square bit at the front.

An earlier picture of the bow construction showing it a bit rough!. 
That's all been sanded down and is now as smooth as a baby's bum.

This is the start of the rubbing strips on the sides and bow section.

This is the start of the rubbing strips on the stern section,
                                      

That middle one run's right round the boat, but the hard part to me is getting the stripes round the tight bend of the stern!.


Anything will do!

Nearly there!, one more to go.



Whilst all the stripes were drying, made a start on the cabin hatch, but then decided that if it was a hatch it should open, why do I do this to myself??.
so it was get the thinking cap on instead of the Tilley Hat and think about that. 



While I'm thinking how about this?.
..............................................................................
Had a meal out this past week at the 'Windmill' in Denton, with my beautiful youngest granddaughter Ruthie!, though the picture was taken a week earlier at the Church Christmas carol service where she was a member of the choir.
A future Civil Engineer!!.



.............................................................................................................





A sobering thought hey!.
.......................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment