Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 27 October 2016

Trip to Frodsham.

Trip to Frodsham
Needed a few supplies for the present build on the boat, so it was off to Frodsham in Cheshire to the only Model shop in my area, most of the others have closed down, they just can't stand up to the on-line sites and their prices!.
The reason I like going to Steve Webb's model shop is that they have most things on my shopping list and I wasn't disappointed came away with the steering servo I wanted, fitted straight into the Mini bit of kit in the build,

Also got some Sand-n-Seal which was a bonus, along with assorted glues, still not much as the kit has everything else you need!
Sanding sealer seals all those raw edges of plywood that seem to suck up paint like sponges.
Another reason I like going to Steve Webb's is that the young staff there are very helpful, polite and don't look at you as if your an idiot if you explain what you want but aren't sure that it's called!.
If you are thinking of going there and have a better half, go on a Thursday as its market day and your better half will be happily  engaged whilst you browse to your hearts content in the model shop.  

Next it was a trip to Homebase for these clamps, they are always useful even after the current model is finished.

Back home it was on with another bit of kit, the battery box, it fits inside the body of the boat and stops the heavy battery sliding about upsetting the balance of the boat

 

Oh well, I know you wanted another Nature picture

Well that's enough excitement for you today so until next time keep smiling.

......................................................................

If your born again do you have two belly buttons?.
....................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment