Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 20 October 2016

Oh no!! he's back again.

Yes I'm still here alive and kicking!.
But this time I'm back on to the boats, I've bought another Narra Boat kit from the same seller as last time when I built this one.
This one had a formed hull and wasn't too difficult.

This new one is all wood and has a wooden hull which makes it more difficult, but we will see as we go along no doubt.
This is what the new build should look like when built, the colour might be changed but that's a long way off yet so plenty of time to reflect on that.
I was lucky in the fact that the guy who does the kit is retiring and winding down production and said this one of mine was the last one!.

The kit came well packed and only took a couple of days to arrive.


The contents of the box, Itemised list, instructions and plans, even a DVD!.

Also included were canal art transfers, motor, rudder and tiller assembly.

After checking the list against the contents and finding everything complete couldn't wait the see how the parts fitted, but I'd already seen a review in Model Boats magazine where a guy had build the bigger version and found it very good 

http://www.riversidemodels.co.uk/

All or most of the parts are CNC cut so even better than the last one I build where I had to cut everything out myself!.


Plenty of scrap left, might come in useful in the future, modellers never throw anything away.

Test fit!.


Ready for gluing, making sure its all square. 

Started using this glue but it foams up and makes a right mess 

As you can see, can you imagine the result trying to paint over this mess.

So it was back to this glue which I'd tested and found good enough



Glued and ready to add some more sections to the bow section.

Addition to bow section, a lot neater with this glue.

Then it was on to the main frame of the middle body, making sure things were square all the time 

Rear main frame.

Front of main frame, these old batteries certainly come in useful!.

All formers for main frame added.


Well that's it for now on the boat.

All right just in case there are a few birders looking in here is an update on the young swans at Reddish Vale in previous posts.



 

That's a proud looking Mum isn't it, or is it just my fertile imagination?.  

................................................................................................................
Three ways to keep your teeth.
Brush after every meal,
See your dentist every few months,
and keep your nose out of other peoples business!.
...............................................................................
Won't be as long next time.
Oh God!,  not more drivel.
............................................................................



No comments:

Post a Comment