Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 23 October 2013

Out and about October 2013

Hi there everyone, not been blogging much of late and the first thing that happens is my Sister in Oz starts worrying that things are not right here.
But I can say that I'm fine and just had a bit of writers block.
My lady friend is back off her holidays and we have been out and about last week and this, replenishing her larder and visiting the garden centres for plants to replace the summer ones past their best and those that didn't survive her holiday, though they didn't do too badly in that respect.
The garden centres as you can imagine are all geared up for Christmas at the moment, we had a visit to Daisy Nook Garden centre last week and had a nice soup and a sandwich there and sat at a table there was Roy Barraclough from the Les Dawson show, can just see them now has the two gossiping women, don't see shows like that much these days do you!.
Found out next day that Roy owns the garden centre and probably has his dinner there most days, can't blame him though as the food is lovely and the centre is full of christmas stuff at the moment.
Yesterday it was a trip to Buxton and though it was raining when we got there, a look round the indoor precinct and it had cleared up when we came out.


Plenty of shops to look round, though like most places charity shops seem to be taking over, their stock and staff are free after all aren't they, but some good bargains in them if you look round and it's all to a good cause, whatever your cause is!.
Some of the Pound shops seem to be flaunting the trade descriptions at the moment and you have to check that the items are all indeed a pound, yesterday spotted some items £3.50, might still be cheaper than other main street shops but a bit embarrassing when you get to pay and its not what you thought it was going to be!.


Well that's it for now, will get back to normal output soon.
...........................................................

An elderly man returned from the doctors looking worried.
"What's the matter" said his wife.
"The consultant said I have to take one of these tablets everyday for the rest of my life" the husband replied.
"That's not too bad she said" trying to cheer him up.
"It is" he said "He only gave me seven"!.
........................................................
"Dad all the kids at school hit me and call me Pansy" 
"Thats alright Son" said the father, "next time they do that, whack them over the head with your handbag"
.................................................................
Thats all folks!.

No comments:

Post a Comment