Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Hybrid Goose and others.

First off you must have noticed the nice Autumn heading, courtesy of John the other moderator
......
Sunday saw Pepe and I at the lake and though it was the Fiesta racing day we had a walk round and chat to some of the sailors taking part, after all some need a handicap! like me talking to them to give the others a chance to catch up!.


Whilst walking Pepe round we happened on this strange looking goose on the water!.
Hybrid goose
Normally look like this

The normal Greylag geese look like this 


The way these two are keeping together I think the hybrid one is theirs, the coloured one is a Chinese Swan goose and it's mated with the white one!.
I had a sail of my coaster after the racing, but came away with aching shoulders with the weight of it, makes me wonder if it's not time to sell my Motorised boats and stick to the lighter yachts in future?.
.......
On Monday it was off to the Hare and Hounds at Werneth Low with good friends Bob and Joyce, Joyce to her Loose Women group ( all female relatives) and Bob and I into another room to discuss more important things such as the veneering on his present project "Ellie"

Click here to see progress on this model.

Lots of followers, so will take you some time, but well worth it if you are into model boats.

On Tuesday it was off to Ashton shopping so couldn't take Pepe so that was two days on the run he had been left on his own in the mornings, but I always  manage to bring him a doggie bag back with a few bits of sausage or something so he knows it will be worth the wait.
Perhaps I should lay off the sausage for a while he's getting too long!.


Art work by Bob the Shot!.

Well that's all for now folks!.
.............................................................................
A couple went out to dinner to celebrate their thirtieth wedding anniversary. On the way home the wife noticed a tear in her husband's eye and wondered if he was getting sentimental about the happy occasion.
"No" he said, " I was thinking back to before we got married".
Your father threatened me with a shotgun and said he'd have me thrown in jail for thirty years if I didn't married you. Well, tomorrow I would have been a free man!.
  It's the way I tell em! 

No comments:

Post a Comment