Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 8 July 2013

New camera again!?.

Hi Folks, 
during the past week Pepe and I have been out and about with the new camera and the only fault I find at the moment is the battery doesn't seem big enough to cope with the amount of technology built into the camera, still I can always buy a spare battery can't I.
I will bore you for a minute with some of the zoom shots I've taken just to try it out.
The Cafe at the lake,as you can see it's just before the weather turned nice

and here are the notices on the Cafe wall!.

And the visitors center.
and without a tripod!.
When we were at Velda's tree planting last weekend took this long shot and then zoomed in on the distant pathway 

This is what you see then!.

Whilst on about Velda's tree planting, on Friday Daughter-in-law Joanne took G/Daughter Rachel to Dovestones to walk Jessie and visited the tree has Rachel hadn't been able to come on the day of the planting.


Nice to see someone visiting already, also during the week got this Certificate from the organisation, though we were told the entry in the book of remembrance mentioned in it won't be there for a few weeks.

Back to the camera, Oh no do I hear you groan!.
It has a built in system of filters and you can chose them for different situations to make your pictures look different.

Normal

Green filter, the rest Black and White

Red filter etc.
Not something you would use all the time but a nice feature isn't it.

On Friday we went to Buxton with a friend and whilst in the park there came across the two Irish Wolfhounds Bob and I had seen at an earlier visit to the toy fair there.

Rather feed and clean up after Pepe than these two wouldn't you!.

This monument to this guy is nice isn't it.


Must have been a very important man to have something like this dedicated to him.

So all in all it was a nice day out with some nice company for the day, and who know's might be repeated at a later date, and loves dogs as you can seen from the picture with the wolfhounds.
..............................................................................
Couple of bird pix's thought you were getting away without them did you!.


Baby goose doing well

Leading the family down the waterfall


Going to the hide at the top of the park noticed this tree, my imagination had me seeing "Lord of the rings" and this tree about to uproot itself and walk off after someone, well I do have a funny sense of humour.

Nice late Sunday dinner at John's yesterday has it was too hot to eat earlier, but very nice when we did.
Rachel's boyfriend Toby was there and heard he is going on a mission for the church in September, as John did whilst courting Joanne!.

.....................................................................................
An elderly spinster approached the pearly gates and knocked.
Who is it?, asked St peter.
"It is I" came the reply.
Oh No muttered St Peter "Not another school teacher".

If you feel strongly about graffiti, sign a partition.

Lockjaw means never having to say you're sorry.
.............................................................................
That's all for now folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment