Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Bank holiday weekend May 2013

This Bank Holiday weekend just passed I've been quite busy as I decided to go to the lake on the Saturday,Sunday and Monday as I realised that a lot of Club members wouldn't bother going with the car park problems on busy holiday's when the weather is fine, so at least they would get a taste of what it was like and what they had missed.
 First a picture of a busy little coot taken on the Saturday.

And a Moor-hen.

The park was packed on Saturday with scaffolding truck and delivery vans working at the yacht's club house getting ready for the Raft Race the next day, but our landing stage was a haven of peace and tranquillity!

Sunday turned out to be even busier still and I couldn't believe how many people turned up for the Raft Race Event

As you will see there a lot of car parking spaces taken up by stall's for the charities involved which were 
The Christie Charity and The Fire Fighter's Charity,
 both very worthy causes, as I know having first hand knowledge of both organisations.

Pepe doing his Guard Dog impression as there were a lot of strangers about.
Still he had to get off early for his trip to see his lady friend Jessie in Springhead, Oldham.

Here is the beautiful girl, the light of his life.
This is Jessie the Cockapoo who own's John's family!.
 An addition by John's use of Coral Photoshop.


Check his ears out, Women!

The lovely couple

Pepe with his best bib on

Something smell's of Duck poo!, did you stand in something at the lake Pepe?.

A quiet moment before the mad scamper when the family arrive home!.

So we all had a nice Sunday dinner and I had my usual tuition on all things technical from John, Jake and Ruth, people think I'm well up on all the latest gadget's but it's all down to the younger member's of the family really.
Monday though it looked a bit dull I set off and got to the lake to find it was all back to normal and plenty of car spaces to go round though it did fill up rather quickly.
Pepe and I had our usual Buttie and drink with what I will call the Breakfast Club people, these are the friends that go to the lakeside Cafe everyday come rain or shine, most of them have dogs and they get on very well, we all have treats in our pockets for the various dogs so it's a bit of cupboard love on their part I suppose though they are all nice aren't they.
To cap off a nice enjoy-Abell day we called at Bob's the Abell on the way home and Pepe enjoyed a mooch round their garden exploring all the plants and looking for dropped bread.
And here's Bob enjoying a tipple after all his gardening, looking nice now Bob!.
.............................................................
Eve "Do you love me"
Adam "Who else!.

On their wedding night he declared his love for her.
He said he would swim the deepest river, cross the widest desert and climb the highest mountain.
She eventually divorced him, he was never home! 
.........................................................
So that's it for now Folk's.

No comments:

Post a Comment