Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 10 August 2012

Trawl Boards

Yesterday after a day at the lake where we met a lot of members enjoying the nice sunny weather, I came home and finished off the trawl boards for the OL2 
I've added a few ribs to the outside just to give them a stronger look, just need to paint them now and they are finished!.
I thought the stepped edges inside the hull would make it difficult to thread the weight blocks in at the lake so added some down spout edging, didn't like to think the down spout was going to waste after cutting it up to try it for the weights boxes, so it was on to the band saw again and cut up some corner pieces.

Before 

After.
Looks neater too I think, just need to fix in those shelf supports on the sides of the motor and then I can cut and fix in the aluminium shelf for the motor, not forgetting to wire up the motor first of course.
Notice the electrics shelf as a lip on now as well!.
Son John (RJR) is making very good progress with his Maggie "M" check out his website
And also on the model Boat website
That's all for to-day folk's must get out whilst the sun is shining, you can do modelling when it's raining can't you.
................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment