Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 12 December 2010

The Road to Recovery

As Velda felt a little better yesterday she was like a caged Tigress and wanted to get out of the house, so it was get well wrapped up and off to Etherow,a bit of shopping on the way and whipping from the car park at the lake straight into the cafe for a bit of lunch.( no sitting outside with the smokers now !)
Met some of our park friends in there and they gave us all the park news ie the Egyptian goose that we all known had got trapped in the ice and by the time the wardens had broken the ice to it found it was too far gone to save, for those of you who don't know what one looks like here is an earlier picture I took.

On the happier note here are some other pictures of the park wildlife.

That's not shivering with the cold, its pure terror as the birds come too close 




Most of the lake still frozen over but still too cold to sit still on the landing stage yet anyway
So after a short but enjoyabell stay it was home to the fireside and a bit of painting on my boat.

I know I've spelt "Enjoyable" wrong but its a standing joke with my mate Bob Abell

2 comments:

  1. An excellent report. Duckie
    The photos are exceptionally clear too

    Nice to see Velda, back in action

    Very sad to read about the Egytian goose....he was well known to us

    ReplyDelete
  2. They told us there is another Egyptian up on the top lake above the weir,but he never comes down to the cafe , I can't believe that perhaps we've never seen the two together.

    ReplyDelete