Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 24 April 2024

Monday, 22nd.

 Monday I set off from home in sunshine to go to Reddish Vale Park, but by the time I got there it was raining again, so being well wrapped up I set off to walk round the two mill ponds.

Birds were glad of the seed as there were no one else about to feed them, spot the Mandarin.



Nice new bench on the lower mill pond.


Spring flowers.

Female swan on her nest.

While the male stood guard.

Though did get out to do a bit of preening, you can see his leg tag as well.

It didn't stop raining, so it was back to the car, opened the hatchback and sat under that.

Got this Coal Tit, only a few feet away.


Also a nice Nuthatch.
  A collared Dove.
A bedraggled Blue Tit. 

Squirrel with a monkey nut.

Then it was off to Morrison's from a hot drink and dry out, sat with 7 ladies as they said it was their table, but I said I was here first and no other tables available, so they would have to suffer me, but I will turn off my hearing aids if it their chat get's too raunchy!. We finished having quite a nice chat in the end, it's true strangers are friends we haven't met yet.

On the way out of the supermarket, whilst at the traffic lights took this picture of the Heart_murals I spoke of in the last post of the old toilets at Reddish near Houldsworth Square.

Back home, goldfinches in the rain.

..........................


They broke the mould when they made Michael Jackson-each time apparently!.

  How did Michael Jackson pick his nose?, from a Catalogue!.

 .........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment