Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Sunday 21 April 2024

Friday/Saturday, 20th-21st.

Friday I went over to the Gorton lower ressers to see if any more done on the Heart-mural, but due to the weather no doubt, nothing changed yet.

Then it was round to the nest site of the Great Crested Grebe's, where the female is still sat on the nest with her mate being very attentive.


He kept circling round and round, tidying the nest and bringing new material for it.


Tried to get round the back but nearly fell in!.


Male off to get wifey some dinner.

What you looking at?.

Get that camera out of my face, unless you've got some bread!.

Amazes me that there is litter on the bench there and a bin a few feet away.
Still it's smokers stuff and if they are burning money away, can't have much sense in the first place can they!.

Speed boat on the water.

Then the rain came again, so it was off to The Windmill, it was very nice as usual and all the better because with my appt having the right number of stamps on this time it was FREE!, so only had to pay for the drink.
 We all complain about the price of petrol but have you thought, bottled water and beer are a lot dearer, when you consider the quantity!. 

Saturday, met my friend Jean at The Bridge Café and we had a nice chat and lunch in there.
Not many in on the day as people were enjoying the sunshine no doubt, still we enjoyed it.
Local painters pictures on sale.



Party area.

Outside there were cyclists, mother and boys!.

Yes and it's dog friendly too, inside and out.



So a good weekend with a day in doing jobs on Sunday.
 .................................................................



..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment