Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Monday 12 September 2022

Weekend trips, 10-11th Sept 2022.

 This weekend we had a trip to Pear Mill Café on the Saturday, but didn't stay long as we were on our own with our other two friends having a trip to Fleetwood.

On the way home we called in at Reddish Vale For a cuppa and to see if we could snap a kingfisher or a better picture of the Mink.

Did neither of those things but did meet an old acquaintance from before Covid, and was saddened to see his little dog Sophie was missing and he said he had died three ago, but he was looking already for another dog as it was strange walking without one!.

I told him about a dog rescue site I'd seen on telly, at Sharston, he was driving a curtesy car from Sharston, so would be able to call in taking that back.  

W got a couple of pictures on Sunnyside pool, this Moorhen in the shallows.


The poor little Little Grebes seem to have lost their nest again, from what I heard they have tried a few times over the summer and have had eggs but no babies.


The usual Squirrels were in attendance. 

Sunday saw us at McDonalds for lunch and as the weather looked a bit unsettled only went onto the nearby Ressers.


A young moorhen.

Cute duck on the side line.

As we have a new king, better give him a salute!

One of the Great Crested Grebes was being quite brave near to the shore. 

Give you some idea of the scale against a Canadian goose




I'd been wondering how this new Era would be called and I threw this into the pot for discussing at Pear mill today at our Monday meeting. 
I mean we had the Victorian Era, the Georgian Era, the Edwardian Era and the Elizabethan  Era, so how do you get to Charles??.

After checking out the internet, which is free there by the way we found that Charles the 1 and 11 Era's were called the Carolean Era's Carolean being Latin for Charles!, since then it's been mentioned on telly but not too much.

I did watch some of the BBC coverage, but must admit not all the Queen's last journey from Balmoral to Edinburgh, all 175 miles of it!. Some of the historical items mentioned during the commentaries over the last few days have been quite interesting though.

Bit of a tear jerker.

 

............................................................................................... 



.........................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment