Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Friday 9 September 2022

This week at Reddish Vale Country Park, 5-9 sept 2022.

 We have had another couple of visits to Reddish Vale again this week.


Managed to catch a Kingfisher, only thing is on Sunnyside pool the sun is facing you and the poor Kingfisher was sat in the trees opposite me, but the pond is covered with algae so he can't see the water.  

We had some luck on both days, Wednesday we were watching the Heron on the top mill pond and realized it was very intent, on something.

So we sat there patiently to see the outcome, and sure enough out it came with a perch!.

So  it was worth the wait.
Then as we were talking to a lady photographer on the lower mill pond we saw this!, a Mink!
I'd seen them in the distance over the years but not as close as this, unfortunately as it was running, I'd only had a quick sight of it so not in focus really, but there's always another day.    
Now I've seen where it is will have another go at a better shot, (with the camera of course).

The Swans were looking well in the sunshine 


All the youngsters were exercising their wings.


Everyone loves a Robin hey,  this one couldn't wait for me to get the food out.  


Of course Dad was charging around after anything that moved!



Terror-pins out in force sunning themselves both days.

Today turned out to be heavy rain about 1300hrs so after a drink in the info centre it was off home.

A couple of bedraggled blue Tits 


When home, was looking on FaceBook for Reddish Vale and a lady who said it was her first visit and had posted some nice pictures for the first time which included my Lad Pepe!!.

Wouldn't you know it, as soon as we had had a drink the sun came out!.

My front door bell packed up this week so it was look on Amazon for a new one. was this one and thought it looked a good bargain, we do love a bargain.

You get two (plug though) bells which have two USBs in them and multiple tunes and volume control!, which is great for me with my duff hearing. I now have one bell upstairs and the other downstairs.



Very easy instructions to set up, and look nice too.

All this for £15.99!!

The week turned into sadness on the news the Queen had passed away at Balmoral.

RIP Elizabeth.



Will be able to see Phillip and all the Corgis she had in the past!.
.......................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment