Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Thursday 10 March 2022

This weeks outings, 5- 10,3 22.

 Saturday saw Pepe and I at Pear Mill café on our own as the other two members of our group had gone off to Fleetwood for the day and though we were invited we didn't fancy it.

Think they bought a Mac, get it = A Fleetwood Mac!!.

Quite busy on Saturdays at Pear Mill Café


We sat at a small table and I'd taken my new Amazon Fire 10" tablet and sat watching the feeders at Debdale Nature centre on YouTube!.

Had bought this as my Amazon Fire 7" was getting slow to recharge and Amazon had a good deal on these new 10" ones, £104 complete with covers which if bought on their own covers are £32, so a good deal.

I only use it for reading my Kindle books in bed usually, but as the café has free WiFi and being on my own came in handy. 


Nice cup today.


Cruet set and sugar bowl.

On the way out of the mill spotted the Peregrine Falcons on the big chimney, right on the two top iron rings.
Even my big camera couldn't see what sex they were, then the top one swooped down and gave the bottom one a good bonking so that gave me the answer to the question.

The female, what the hell was that!.

The Male flew back to the nest expecting her to follow him no doubt.

This week at the Debdale Nature centre it was quite nice in the sunshine though still a bit cold in the open air with a chill wind blowing, but it's quite sheltered there.
They have changed the position of the camera so it's better for viewing on YouTube, when I put food on the bird table I try to get myself in view so my Sister in Australia can see me!.
Hello Babs!.

Spring is just round the corner now with the crocus out everywhere in the park.


A Great Tit.

Blue Tit eyeing up the Squirrel House for it's nest!.

Classic pose of the Nuthatch.

Goldfinch, must be lots of these about as I've got loads in my garden too.

Nuthatch.

Lots of Long Tailed Tits as well.


Coal Tit, always reminds me of American war films as the lieutenants have the same white stripe on the back of their helmets.

The cheeky Robins, no wonder its our national bird.

Woodie the Wood pigeon. 

Dunnock, very similar to a sparrow, but check out the slimmer beak. 
Also feeds at ground level so not very noticeable.

Blue Tit showing all the colours on their backs.


Magpie.

Squirrel Nutkins, have you noticed them on the earlier set of 50p coins?.

The set of 50p's are all animals from the Beatrice Potter books.


A Bug motel made by Chris, at the centre as you can see from offcuts of decking, holes just big enough for bees and other creatures. 

Other activities  in the park.


Couldn't resist an ice cream after all the snapping.



..................................................................

Notice at Dog friendly hotel!.



..............................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment