Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Wednesday 28 October 2020

Nice day down at Reddish Vale, 28.10.20.

 Even though I knew there would be a lot of people down the Vale today and usually that means not much in the way of wildlife.

But I had promised to take a DVD and book to Daryll the warden and a promise is a promise isn't it.

I am so glad I did go, even though it was difficult to find a parking space, there was so many people there, Schools out for the next two weeks!.

Looks cold doesn't it.


I decided to go to Sunnyside pond where its usually a bit quieter, and though there were a few family groups passing though it was quiet in between them.

This is Dave a friend who had given the idea of a hide to the warden and the warden with his volunteers jumped to the challenge and came up with this, complete with bird identification posters!. 


Who you looking at!


This crow taken though the hide.

A little Grebe, you don't usually see them out of the water.


Cute little things.

Here he is have a flap.

I then decided to go and have a sit down on one of the two benches and low and behold if the kingfisher didn't come and sit on the bank about 30 feet away.

Gives you an idea of the size if you have never seen one in the feather, so to speak!.

17 cm long and a wing span of 25 cm and just like little jewels and in flight look like little police cars flashing along!, quite fast and you have to try and see where they land.








This one with a bit more Zoom.



Sorry to have gone on about them so much in this post and added so many pictures but couldn't decide which was best, they are beautiful though aren't they.

Autumn Colours.


 ...........................................................

I went to the shops the other day and treated myself to a toilet brush. Its no good though, I'm going to have to go back to paper!.

People laughed at me when I said I wanted to be a comedian, Well they're not laughing now!. 

...........................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment