Welcome to my new Blog



Welcome to my Blog.
My Blog is mostly about my hobbies, ie Model boats, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Days out and about, Lego Technics and Photography you might recognize the hat rather than me. My models and other hobbies can be found in the Tabs at the top below the header picture.
There will also be entries of days out with my camera, weather permitting of course.

Saturday 22 September 2018

Reddish Vale today, 22nd Sept 2018.

We were at Reddish Vale today and we were lucky that the rain forecast didn't materialise.
After Pepe's bad knee last week as you can  see he's a lot better and raring to go, his mate there isn't too keen though.

The young Grebe seems to have got the idea of diving now 
Can't see anything down here!
 

I'll bet is those Kingfishers pinching all the small fish!

Not a good picture from the other side of the lake, still I got it!

Another first for me today was these three juvenile Shovelers, wasn't sure if I'd got them right but Daryll the warden very kindly posted me to confirm them after I mentioned them in the info centre whilst having a drink.

That's a good Appt in the Appt store, Pocket Birds and only a couple of quid!.


What a bill,!, like your electric one did I hear you say Bigg!.

Seem to do everything synchronised ie swimming and diving, seems it a thing with them.
Warden siad if you see shovelers its going to be a bad winter, hope he's wrong there!.

Just testing my zoom here, one end of the lake to the other!.


Plenty of these about, all hungry as not many people about today. 

Doing the Ostrich impression.

Baby Moorhen.

Spotted this moorhen nesting in the bushes, seems a bit late for another brood doesn't it, they seem to know the weather better than us though don't they.

Putting Pepe back in the car, noticed this minute Butterfly or is it a Moth sat on my car door, this is actually bigger than life size, but wanted to get the pattern and colours to you!.

Don't know how far it hitched a lift, thought if I touched it I might have damaged it, so let it fly off when it wanted to.
Called at Morrison's for Fish and Chips on the way home, what good value they are £5.50 and tastes as good as they look

Got this picture this week from my Brother-in-law Bryan in Oz, so Pepe's fame as gone a long way hey!!.

Drive carefully, its not only cars that can be called back to the maker!.
...........................................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment